Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pride and Prejudice



















Pride and Prejudice. Probably my favorite book.

I plan to post things on this blog that I have found enjoyable (books, music, movies, etc.). With personal stuff possibly interspersed. I thought it was fitting to start my recommendations with Pride and Prejudice.

The shot above is of my mom's book when she was a girl. She passed it on to me and I first read it in fifth grade. I've read it numerous times since.




















I got this copy in England at Jane Austen's house. Everyone should read this at least once in their lives. "An unliterary man may be defined as one who reads books once only."

Austen is one of the greatest female authors to ever live. Her ability to take real life and make it interesting and witty is unparalleled.

I've also found that a lot of people have read Pride and Prejudice, but have never read her other works. Also highly recommended:


















































































































All pictures from my personal collection. (I am definitely not the photographer my sister is.)



4 comments:

Tarnation said...

Love your blog. I need to read more. Maybe if I wasn't so interested in food. :)

Whitney Elizabeth said...

Hi zz. Love this and can't wait to see more books to review/ read/ ask you about while watching movies :)

Taryn said...

I'm so glad all of your recommendations will be written down. You have such excellent taste in books.

Tarnation said...

Why is Miss Steele allowed to marry Robert Ferris and no consequences but not Edward Ferris? We watched Emma last night. :)