Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Gaunt House

There's a house in our neighborhood that reminds me of the Gaunt house from Harry Potter. It's mysterious and creepy and provides a source of much entertainment and speculation. I think our imagination gets a little carried away sometimes. The house is all dark, with the windows heavily draped and shuttered, and is just generally eerie.






















































































I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a snake hanging from the front door. In any event, for those few of you holdouts who do not know what I'm talking about because you have not read Harry Potter, let me take the opportunity to recommend the books. I didn't read them until after the first four books came out. I was being my book snobbish self and declaring that I wasn't going to cave and read popular trash. But someone whose opinion I respected gave them high marks, so I dove in. And couldn't have enjoyed it more. They are a magical delight, to coin a phrase.

2 comments:

Tarnation said...

Where is this house? Great pictures.

Taryn said...

"spooky joint." -castello