Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Emperor Concerto

"My angel, my all,
my very self. . .
my thoughts go out to you
my Immortal Beloved,
now and then joyfully,
then sadly, waiting to learn
whether or not fate will hear us -
I can live only
wholly with you or not at all. . .
. . . Oh continue to love --
never misjudge the most
faithful heart of your beloved.
Ever thine.
Ever mine. Ever ours.
L."

It should come as no surprise that these beautiful words, penned to a mysterious "Immortal Beloved," came from the pen of a man who has written some of the most exquisite music in history.















One of Beethoven's breathtakingly beautiful and serene compositions is the Second Movement of Piano Concerto No. 5, the Emperor Concerto.















The opening strains of the solo piano:















Savor the delight and warmth as this piece touches and lifts your soul.







2 comments:

Tarnation said...

Your posts fill my soul

Taryn said...

You play it beautifully. I love this piece.